Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 207- Bad News

Today started out well enough until I got a phone call around 9am telling me that our deal on the new house was most likely going to fall through.  We are literally days away from signing the contracts and meeting with the lawyer and we totally did not see this coming.  Apparently there has been a lot of misinformation and dishonesty going around.  We were originally told that the tenants in the house had a month to month lease and that the owner would take on any costs it may take to get them out of the house.  Somehow that changed to the tenants having a lease until July of 2012.  Yes, you read that correctly.  The tenants apparently have a lease for a whole year. With a signed lease there is nothing we can do to get them out. So the seller's realtor had the brilliant idea that we could still purchase the house and the tenants would just pay us rent for the remainder of their lease.  Hello, what?!  How could someone even think this was a viable option?  This whole thing is so crazy.  I guess we still have a lot to figure out with the lawyer but for now it seems like the deal is done.  No new perfect dream house for us.  Now I have to switch from planning on how to decorate the new house to how to fit an extra kid into this small space. Ugh.

I know in the grand scheme of things that this is something stupid to be so upset about.  Its just a house.  I think I would have taken it a little better if A) I wasn't pregnant and hormonal, B) I didn't have a baby coming in 2-3 months and C) R wasn't so excited about moving and having his own room.  We are all pretty bummed right now.  I guess we can wallow in our sadness for a little bit longer and then we'll have to regroup and start the search all over again.  I would rather stick a needle in my eye than go through this again but it doesn't look like I have much choice : /

Its days like this that make you grateful for the love and humor of your kids.  In between my crying and panic attacks, these two boys made me smile and laugh.



Off to try and relax and figure things out.  I'm sure it will be a restless night in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment