Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 145- Muscoot Farm

My baby went on his first field trip today!  He was so excited to go to the farm, I'm so happy it actually didn't rain for a couple of hours so we could get it in.  The farm was really close to school and the parents were allowed (encouraged) to stay.  R seemed thrilled that I got to come along to see him with his friends.  Its been a few years since I went on a field trip with a bunch of little ones, it was so cute to see how excited they got seeing all of the animals.  R and I are pretty tired from our big morning out so while he rests (and I sit!) I thought I'd share a few pictures.

For some reason R was a little scared to go into the barn at first.  The cow sort of freaked him out.


To be honest she sort of freaked me out a little bit too.  There she was just hanging out with her big head in the aisle.  She seemed really gentle though and most of the kids loved her. 

At the back of the barn were the absolute cutest things I had ever seen in my life.  Check them out.  We all watched them for way longer than necessary.  They were just too cute!


We tried to get shots of the kids sitting in the giant tires of the tractor but 15 preschoolers equals complete chaos and not a lot of posing for pictures.  R sat but refused to look.


Here he is sitting in the old fashioned tractor pretending to drive it.  Again, chaos but at least I sort of got his face this time.


Dancing with his little firends on a stage they had next to the tractor.  It was all fun and games until a giant kid from another school plowed down one of the little ones.  Game over.


Um, how adorable?  Story time at the farm.


Singing the butterfly song <3


Our last activity was to take a long walk around the whole farm and look at the animals out in the fields.



Overall we had a really great time and I think its awesome that R got to go on an organized field trip at such a young age.  I'm sure he will be talking about it for a long time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment