Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New House- Random Pictures


I snapped a few pictures of the house as I was walking around the other day.  These are the main spaces and they are going to need a lot of things to make them cozy and comfortable.  We moved from a house less than half the size of this new one and most of the furniture we had was beat up.  That means we now have a fully furnished basement but that's pretty much the only completely furnished room lol.  I know we are going to be here for a long time so I'm trying to take my time but I have so many ideas.

Breakfast area: We need to paint (obviously),window treatments, recover those chairs and do something about the light.  Its the light from our old house and I do love it but its way too high now.  Look how bright and sunny that little area is though.  I love sitting there during the day (when I actually manage to sit!).  To the left is an awesome laundry room and a large pantry.  To the right is obviously the kitchen.


The kitchen:  We need window treatments, paint and some stools for the counter.  Down the line we want to put in a backsplash and hopefully have matching appliances (right now we have a stainless fridge and a black oven and dishwasher).  My counters are never this messy but we just moved and everything is messy.



Dining room:  Hello gaudiness!!  We have absolutely nothing to put in this room right now but I have big plans for it.  The red walls and lame light fixture have to go asap.  I already took those godawful heavy drapes off the windows.  I'm planning on dark gray walls, either stenciled wallpaper or actual wallpaper accent wall, white slipcovered dining chairs and of course a huge dining table and buffet.  I want to seat at least 10 but would love 12 if possible.  We have big families and we all get together a lot. 

Formal living room:  We are not formal people so this will be a study/ library/ den.  I want a big project table, lots of bookshelves and some comfortable seating.  Right now this room is far emptier than it is in this picture.  We kind of used it as the command center from which all the boxes got put away and organized.  I haven't taken down those horrible drapes yet because I can't reach the one in the corner still!



Family room:  Here is what it looked like before our couches came.  I  love those windows!

The drapes, again!  Green velvet and a weird length in this room.  Since there are no blinds in the family room those green monsters are still up for now.  We need 96" drapes in there and I know poor Michael is going to be in for some sticker shock.  Sadly we also need a bigger area rug so that pretty gray and white one is going to have a new home in our bedroom.  I'm planning on a either seagrass or jute for the area rug, grayish blue for the walls and gray and yellow accents.  We need throw pillows and blankets, a round coffee table, side table, tv mounted up on the wall, small cabinet for cable box etc and something for the space behind the couch.  Right now its a pretty cold and empty room.  Hopefully we will start work on it soon!
Here is the room tonight.  I love my white slipcovered couches.



We still have other rooms but I think that's enough of that for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment