Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New House- Playroom

The day after Thanksgiving we piled our millions of boxes and bags into a truck and hit the road.  I have been taking a ton of pictures with my phone to document the process but I decided to take a few on my camera over the last few days as well. 

We really tried to focus first on the spaces the kids would use the most (their rooms and the playroom).  I wanted them to have a sense of order when we got here.  Can't say if it worked or not but at least they seem to like what we've done so far.  I think we have come a long way in the week and a half that we've been here.  Almost all of our stuff is put away and we are starting to get some things hung up in the kids' rooms. 

First up the playroom.  This was the room I was most excited about. Its right off the family room and I can seen and hear them from the kitchen and even from the baby's room upstairs.  I wanted to do two tone aqua stripes on the walls with red and white accents in the room.  Not sure why I needed stripes but about 30 minutes into the taping process I nixed my original idea, called my brother in to help with the taping and prayed that the new look would turn out okay.  I can honestly say that I love this room.  The new paint job came out better than I imagined it would.


The day after we moved in I traveled about an hour and a half with my mother and brother to the closest Ikea.  Why does that place have to be so far away?? It has so many organizational odds and ends that make my little OCD heart happy.  Check out the toy storage we got from there. 

 I also picked up these magnetic white boards from Ikea with some large red magnets.  I wanted something to display their art work on and this was perfect.  Michael can tell you how awful it was hanging these things level with each other, the stripes and the window.  I'm pretty sure Michael hasn't hung anything else since then : )


There really isn't too much left to do in this room.  A couple of valances and some lighting.  I also had planned on putting the ABC's up around the room but now I might look for a quote of some sort.  Something that will last a little longer.  That's a project that won't be easy and is definitely no where near the top of my to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment