Friday, October 21, 2011

New Bed

Sorry I don't have anything more interesting from yesterday.  I don't even have any decent pictures.  I spent the whole day cleaning, organizing and decluttering again.  I can say without a doubt that this house has never been this clean.  My only problem now is how do I maintain this with three kids running around and peparing for a move?? Kids do not necessarily equal organized and clean.  Neither does packing up an entire household.  Let's hope this place rents quickly!

On to Grayson's new sleeping arrangements. . .
Sometime during my quiet time yesterday morning before the boys got up I happened upon someting called a Rock & Play Sleeper.  This infant seat is a cross between a bouncy seat, a rocker and a bassinet.  Its higher off the ground than a normal bouncy seat but has inclined seat like a carseat or bouncy seat has.  Its actually approved and passes the safety standards for overnight sleeping.  And you can fold it up and take it with you (so convenient).  All of those things sounded great to me and then I started reading the reviews.  Out of 750+ reviews this item scored a 4.9 out of 5 stars.  Pretty impressive.  Everyone raved about how great this item was and how awesome their babies slept once they started using the Rock & Play.  My sleep deprived self thought this sounded promising.  So, yesterday afternoon we went out and picked one up for less than $50.  The hope was that Grayson would start sleeping upstairs if she had the Rock & Play to sleep in.  If she sleeps upstairs then I get to sleep in my bed.  I've pretty much been sleeping on the couch since she was born.  I miss my bed.



I'm happy to report that I did not sleep on the couch at all last night.  Grayson slept from 8:30pm until about 2:30am and then from 3:00am until 5:45am.  Pretty good for a three week old.  I can't say she slept better than she normally does but she did sleep upstairs.  Just for that I would say the Rock & Play sleeper was money well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment