Friday, October 28, 2011

Daily Chaos

We put the house on the market on Tuesday.  Last week was spent scrubbing every square inch of this place and decluttering some of our massive amounts of stuff.  I can honestly say that the place looks awesome.  However, with three kids crammed into this house all day, it doesn't stay looking awesome for too long.  So now I've had to start a daily cleaning ritual just in case someone wants to come see the place.  Every morning on the main level I scrub down the kitchen, sweep the floors, wipe down the windows and the bathroom.  This all goes on while the boys drag their toys all over the house.  Then we go upstairs to get ready for the day and the beds have to be made, clothes put away, bathroom wiped down, mirror cleaned and floor swept.  The rugs have been getting vacuumed at least every other day.  If it was just me trying to get this done it would be easy and quick but you can imagine how it is with a 2 yr old and 3.5 year old following you around.  Oh and half the time I attempt to do some of this with  a one month old in one arm. Mornings have taken on a whole new (not fun) look.

It seems that all of this hard work is paying off though.  The listing for our house went up Tuesday afternoon.  By Wednesday night we had two showings.  By Thursday we had an offer presented and now by Friday the second offer should be coming in.  I guess I'll pat myself on the back now.  Two showings and two offers.  The house must be looking good : )  Its not definite that any of these offers will work out but I am keeping my fingers crossed.  How awesome would it be to have this house rented and squared away so that I can stop the daily cleaning obsession? 

I managed a few pictures during the nightly chaos at our house.   After 5pm a whole new set of fun begins lol.  Here is my view from the kitchen.  I've been cooking dinner literally balanced on one foot while I rock Grayson's Rock & Play with the other.  She hates to be put down and this keeps her quiet long enough for me to stir whatever lame dinner I'm cooking.


This one was supposed to be cleaning up his toys before dinner got on the table.  I'll give you one guess on how well that went.  Look at that devilish face.


In between cooking on one foot and yelling at Rocky to clean up, Chase decided he wanted to sit on the potty (three separate times).  You gotta love the timing on that!

*excuse the awful way that flash bounced.  I didn't have time to take another shot.  Things were burning in the kitchen!

So, thats our daily craziness for now.  Once you embrace the chaos it becomes much easier to handle.  I would say things will settle down once we get moved into the new house but somehow with three kids that seems unlikely <3

No comments:

Post a Comment