Monday, October 17, 2011

Party Season

Another weekend, another party!  I think we have at least one birthday to celebrate every weekend for the next couple of weeks.  The birthday "party season" started at the end of September with Grayson being born, was followed the next weekend by Chasey's 2nd birthday, then the neighbors 1st birthday the weekend after.  Yesterday we celebrated my dad's birthday (happy birthday dad!) at the house with the whole family.  Even Lucas and Christina in Texas got included via skype. 

The boys had a good time running around.  I had a great time sitting around : )  After two nights of horrible sleep I was definitely feeling exhausted.  Usually I can motor through but yesterday I just wanted to put my head down on the table and crash.  Luckily there was no shortage of people willing to play with the boys and pass miss Grayson around.  Here is what the boys were up to for part of the day- jumping on and wrestling with Uncle Greg.






When we got home last night I could barely keep my eyes open.  After a fussy hour Grayson finally fell asleep around 9:15 or so.  I think I was in a deep sleep 30 seconds later.  Next thing I knew it was 4:30 in the morning.  What a wonderful surprise.  7 hours of uninterrupted sleep felt amazing.  It was even more amazing when you consider that the last bottle Grayson had was at 7:15pm when we got home.  I guess she was as exhausted as I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment